Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I am in the 4th week and am bored because I am alone and have no friends.

Q: I am in the 4th week of my second time through and my situation has changed completely this round. I recently became unemployed, live with my mom, and I don't really have any friends. My basic needs are taken care of, so I have all the time in the world 'to do' or to 'not do' whatever and whenever I want. I am finding it HARDER THAN EVER to stay committed to the process. The breathing sessions have pretty much become apart of my life. My trouble is with the presence statements and the perceptual tools. I am alone 90% of my time and I feel like I would be repeating the statements for 16 hours a day if I was to repeat them when I am not mentally engaged. I do sit with my feelings and my Inner Presence for about 2 hours a day and I have a couple hobbies but there seems to be no relief from the boredom and the mind chatter. Any insights?

A: Go volunteer at a homeless shelter or charity organization. The Presence Process is not a job or social activity. If you treat it as one you will feel immense resistance.