Saturday, July 4, 2009

What is it that actually heals?

Q: In going through some recent journals I realize I've been digging IN to these CAUSAL places for many, many years. I have felt the pain of these childhood wounds, not as concepts but emotionally, deeply. I've gone to these places and felt them and written about them afterwards and they're still effecting my life now. What's the difference between those experiences and The Presence Process? What neutralizes these feelings - what makes them healed - known instead of understood? I'd appreciate some light.

A: What my experience reveals is that viewing anything as something needing healing - and thinking and writing about it in these terms - keeps us stuck. Especially when we engage with them in such a way as to keep the experiences in question somehow anchored in the mental realm - whether through understanding, analysis, or explanation. Yet, we cannot help ourselves - especially while we worship the mental body as God.

Apparently, the most challenging thing to communicate to another human being is "being without condition", "not-doing", "response", and "complete surrender to what is". Why? Because it cannot be understood. The mental body cannot grasp being. It does not have the capacity and while we allow it to be Godlike, we fail to be. We remain in a "I think therefore I am" state of insanity.

The radiance of being without condition is what integrates. It is the approach of "being with what is through felt-perception without any attempt to physically, mentally, or emotionally alter the experience". When we are authentically this way with ourselves, integration unfolds organically - not according to our mental schedule.


I really felt that after writing Revelation Of Being there would be no necessity for me to write another word, ever. Because this piece hits the nail on the head. Done. Apparently not. I really felt that after writing and sharing the practice, Consciously Approaching Vibrational Awareness, that there would be no reason for me to place another experiential approach to an awareness of being before anyone - because when one applies this practice consistently, EVERYTHING is given and received. Apparently this landed mostly on deaf ears too. We are apparently immune to receiving as we are adamant about getting and fiddling. Now I know why, at a satsang one find day, when questioned by a disciple about what the meaning of it all is, Buddha simply produced a flower, held it up for a few moments, then got up and walked off.

We are so mental. We are so lost. We keep trying to understand the difference between something that cannot be understood and something else that cannot be understood. My personal experience is the time it takes for us to integrate what Being Without Condition is, is the exact time it takes for us to accomplish discernment between "wants" and "requirements". Simple. Done.

We want so badly to heal, when only being with what is is required. There is a big difference between The Presence Process and keeping a journal. A journal does not deliver us deliberately along The Pathway Of Awareness to the causality of our disquiet. A journal keeps us stuck in the mental realm. A journal, for the most part, is our personalized Ode to Drama, not a vehicle for accessing Dharma. However, it can be.

I am so grateful there are those who have contacted me and said, "That article, Being Without Condition, that's it right there...I'm done!" And, I am so glad some write to me and say, "That practice for Conscious Approach to the Vibrational is home base!" Otherwise I would assume myself completely bloody nuts. Okay, no assumption required - I already know I am completely nuts. This is required. I am also grateful I am able - to a larger extent - be available to this work without condition. The miracle of "being available to this work without condition" means I get to discover 84356 ways to say: Feel whatever is happening without condition. Whatever is happening to you is valid. It is required. It is your teaching. You are not required to heal your lessons - only to learn from them - to gain insight - and even if you don't - this too is valid.


The paradox in all of this is hysterical. Now I know why some say that when authentically approaching an awareness of whatever God is - there is first the sound of laughter. God sends us our daily lessons and we try to heal them. It's hilarious!!! Laughter is the medicine we are after - especially when it is laughter turned inward upon the point of greatest hilariousness.

The simple answer to your question is: Once we stop trying to heal that which is sent to heal us - we heal.

I wonder if the the can perceives the can opener as something which has to be healed?