Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Am I doing the breathing properly?

Q: Would you be able to put up on YouTube a short video showing how the breathing exercises supposed to be carried out? Cause I've started the Process 3 days ago and I'm still not sure if I'm doing it correctly. If you can't put up the video, can you, please, explain to me again the pauses between inhale and exhale? I believe I'm not pausing at all, but if I listen intently, I notice there is a tiny fraction-of-a-second pause in between. And no matter how much I try to close that gap, it's still there. Maybe it's how it supposed to be. It'd be good to be able to see someone experienced doing it.

A: My intent is to place a new audio on the website demonstrating this breathing technique, because many people make the mistake of assuming that 'not pausing' means 'absolutely no gaps of time at all between the in-breath and the out-breath'. This continual query arises out of language use misunderstanding, and not lack of comprehension of the mechanics of the breathing. No pausing means 'no elongated gaps in which one remains completely in a breathless between the in-breath and out-breath'. This is going to be a short hiatus as we change over from in-breath to out-breath. This brief gap is natural and should not be eliminated, or else one is now again controlling the breathing. However, do not pause within this change-over - breath in and breath out normally, naturally, like any breathing creature does. Just breathe without stopping or remaining breathless for an elongated period between the in-breath and out-breath. I am not sure how I am able to explain it more clearly than this? I am sure the audio will help.