Sunday, June 7, 2009

Why do I fall asleep during my breathing?

Q: On most breathing sessions before bed I find I must have "gone unconscious" (or just fallen asleep!) as the elapsed time is always longer than I expected. Do I need to do anything to try and stop this happening, or will it just resolve with time and persistence?

A: This is caused by waves of unconsciousness surfacing for processing. Most who enter The Presence Process fall asleep during the breathing practice at one time or another. Sometimes this may continue for days or weeks at a time. If this occurs, get up, splash your face with cold water, and continue. [If the falling into unconsciousness is sever - and you feel brave enough - breathe while standing up on one leg. You will only fall over once, after that it is unlikely your awareness will allow you to drift off so quickly. I am of course joking, but also not.] The only way through this unconsciousness is through it. As we are successful in processing deeper emotional signatures this 'falling asleep' experience eventually passes. Persevere.